Step-by-Step Instructions to Setup Your Broadlink WiFi to IR Converter
SURE can be downloaded on all Android devices, such as: Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, etc.
If your phone does not have an Infrared (IR) Blaster you will need a Broadlink WiFi to IR Converter to have full functionality with the app.
Don’t have one yet? Get it here.
Once you have downloaded the SURE Universal Remote control and have your converter read the step-by-step instructions below to learn how to set it up:
1. From the “All Devices” screen tap the “+” symbol in the upper left of the screen
2. Select “Home Automation”
3. Select “Broadlink IR Control”
4. Once discovery is finished select “Add New Broadlink”
5. Now you need to configure your Broadlink. This is very simple.
a. Plug your Broadlink into a power source
b. Long press the reset button until the blue LED light is rapidly flashing ~3 times per second
c. Enter your WiFi password and click “Configure”
6. Please wait for a couple of moments as configuration is in progress.
7. Once your Broadlink IR Control is discovered select it.
8. Congratulations! Your Broadlink Converter has now been added.
Select “Add Device” to add your first traditional IR device.
9. Select the device type you wish to add
10. Select your device brand
11. Our database is very large and in order to find your specific model we need to run a test. This is very simple.
a. Take a note of how many tests are next to the “Remote” above the test buttons. (This is the maximum number of tests you need to run until we find your device)
b. Click the “Power On” button to check if this is your device
c. If your device switches on check the other buttons such as Volume Up, Volume Down etc. and if everything works click “Success! Save Remote”
d. If not, click “No, Next Test” and return to “b” above and keep running each test until the device responds to all the buttons
12. Congratulations! Your remote will appear as below: