Step-by-Step Instructions to Setup Your SURE Universal Remote on Your iPhone or iPad
The SURE Universal Remote for iPhone only supports IR devices at the moment.
SURE can be downloaded on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running on iOS 9.0 or later.
You will need a Broadlink IR Gateway to use SURE Universal Remote on your device. Don’t have one yet? Get it here.
Once you have downloaded SURE Universal Remote and have your IR gateway you can add your IR devices:
1. Click ADD on the Home Screen
2. Select the device type that you would like to add. This can be your TV, set top box, media streamer, air conditioner, etc.
3. Select the device brand of the device you are adding. SURE has an extensive brand database. We support anything from Samsung, LG, Sony to Haier.
If we are missing your brand please let us know via this form.
4. After the search has finished select the SET UP A NEW IR GATEWAY button.
If you have already set up your Broadlink gateway move to step 10.
5. Connect your Broadlink IR Gateway to a power source.
Select the NEXT button
6. Make sure that the Broadlink Gateway is in close proximity to your device.
Select the NEXT button
7. Make sure that the blue LED light is rapidly flashing about 3 times per second.
If not, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
Select the READY! Button
8. Enter the correct password to connect your gateway to the same WiFi network that your device is using
Select the CONNECT button
9. Please wait for a few seconds as your gateway connects to the WiFi network
10. Select CONNECT to connect your device to your IR gateway
11. Please wait as your device connects to the gateway
12. You will see a message that your device is connected to your Broadlink
13. Once it is connected you can begin to test all the remotes we have in our database for your device brand. This is very simple.
a. Take a note of how many tests are next to the “Remote” below the test buttons. (This is the maximum number of tests you need to run until we find your device)
b. Click the “Power On” button to check if this is your device
c. If your device switches on check the other buttons such as Volume Up, Volume Down etc. and if everything works click the ACCEPT REMOTE button
d. If not, swipe right on the buttons panel and return to “b” above and keep running each test until the device responds to all the buttons
14. Give a name to your device and select Done in the upper right corner
15. Congratulations. Your device will now appear on the left navigation.?